Pasta, whether they are: Whole foods Red Lentil Spaghetti , Whole Foods Penne Rigate, Elbow Macaroni or Egg Noodles, they are the most versatile, budget friendly and complimentary starchy food items to most dishes or pasta recipes.
In this blog, i will highlight some of my favorite budget friendly homemade pasta recipe ideas. I will share 1 of the full recipes that you can make as one of your daily meals.
Shrimp & Red Lentil Spaghetti Pasta In Coconut Milk.
1 lb shrimp, peeled
8 oz red lentil spaghetti (or plain spaghetti.)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1 cup canned sweet corn
1/2 cup sliced red sweet peppers
1/2 cup sliced yellow sweet peppers
1 table spoon diced garlic
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup finely chopped basil
Salt, black pepper, garlic powder to taste.
** 1 tablespoon brown sugar can be added to coconut milk mixture. (optional).
- In a heated cast iron pot or a pan pour olive oil.
- Put spaghetti to boil in salted water until al dente or soft to touch; drain and set aside.
- Add diced garlic and onions; season with salt and black pepper.
- Add seasoned shrimp(salt, pepper and garlic powder) and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Mix powdered coconut milk with 3/4 cup water.**
- Remove cooked shrimp.
- To same pot, add coconut milk; season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and sweet basil.
- To seasoned coconut milk mixture, add cooked spaghetti and chopped basil, sweet peppers, and baby spinach cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and mix together all ingredients and allow to marry over low heat for another 5 mins.
- Serves 4-5.
Lentil Penne Rigate Pasta with Shrimp & Coconut Broccoli.
This is another one of my favorite budget friendly shrimp pasta recipe.
Main ingredients include: shrimp, Lentil Penne Rigate Pasta, broccoli, spinach, and shredded coconut.
BBQ Chicken with Whole Wheat Penne Rigate Pasta
As you can already tell, i am a big fan of penne rigate pasta. I love their texture; they maintain their firmness when cooked. They are hard to get them mushy as you would egg noodles.
The budget friendly recipe ingredients include: Whole Wheat Penne Rigate, Chicken leg cooked in BBQ sauce, frozen mixed vegetables, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Ground Turkey, Kidney Beans & Penne Rigate Pasta
Grounded Turkey or Minced beef goes very well with any pasta to make a one-pot meal for the family. The penne rigate pasta is very firm in texture and will not get mushy when they soak up the juices from the stewed meats.
The pasta recipe ingredients include: Penne Rigate Pasta, Ground Turkey, Red Kidney Beans, and Pasta Sauce.