Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eating a balanced meal packed with good nutrition in the morning sets the stage for more energy and focus throughout the day.
Most people live a very busy lifestyle, and making a healthy breakfast in the morning is time consuming and poses a challenge most days during the week.
This blog will highlight some very quick and easy breakfast meals that can be made the night before.
Overnight chia Cranberry oats
This is one of the easiest and simplest nutritious breakfast recipe.
It requires no cooking or baking. Just combine all 5 main ingredients and leave in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, all you need is a spoon to enjoy this tasty delicious meal. It packed with good nutrition: protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
See The Ingredients Below
1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
Combine all 7 ingredients in a bowl or a jar. Store in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy in the morning or a few mornings later.
Hominy Corn Porridge is my favorite hot cereal. It’s very filling. its not only for breakfast but can be enjoyed at anytime of the day. This breakfast item can be made the night before and last for several days.
Let’s Make Hominy Corn Porridge
For faster cooking time, you can soak the corn in salted water for a few hours at room temperature to help soften them.
(1) In 1/2 gallon of water, boil corn until soft or kernel crushes to touch.
(2) Add Cinnamon sticks and bay leaves and allow to cook in corn mixture for 5-10 minutes.
(3) Reduce flame, add sugar and stir until dissolve.
(4) In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup water to the flour. Mix until completely smooth.
(5) Add flour mixture while stirring corn mixture to avoid clumping.
(6) Allow corn mixture to cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
(7) Pour and mix 1 can condensed milk.
(8) Add nutmeg, vanilla extract and stir. Turn off flame.
(9) Portion hominy corn porridge in smaller containers. Leave at room temperature to cool and then store in refrigerator.
Reheat in microwave at your desired temperature.
This crust-less cheesy egg breakfast meal is great option for those on a Ketogenic Diet. A ketogenic diet is a low carbs, high fat and protein diet. This quick and easy breakfast meal can be made overnight. Quiche can be store in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave for a breakfast sandwich or as part of your keto diet meal plan.
Here are the ingredients.
1/2 cup 2% milk.
1/4 cup grated onion.
Extra Sharp Cheese
1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
Garlic and Pepper
1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
Lets Make Overnight Breakfast Quiche
(1) Turn oven on to 350 ºF.
(2) In a bowl whisk eggs, milk and roasted red pepper dressing until uniform.
(3) Add cream cheese, grated onion, garlic/pepper and mix together with egg mixture.
(4) Combine shredded spinach, and finely diced granny smith apples.
(5) Mix all ingredients together and then pour on to 9″ pie dish or a baking tray.
(9) Bake 20-25 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
Leave at room temperature to cool, cut in squares and store in refrigerator.
Reheat in microwave for 0.5-1 minute. Serve as a sandwich for your on the go breakfast.
Overnight Breakfast Rice Meal.
Rice For Breakfast?
Don’t know what to do with your left over rice? Use it to make breakfast.
Left over rice and peas is a great addition to breakfast meal. adding eggs and vegetables gives you a complete meal. This can be made ahead the night before.
Quick and Easy Overnight Breakfast.
(1) In a sauce pan or wok, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Whisk 2 medium eggs, and black pepper.
(2) Add to oil and scramble eggs. Immediately add 1 cup rice and beans and 1 cup of your favorite vegetables.
(3) Add tomato ketchup (optional). Mix well and store in container and leave at room temperature to cool. Store in refrigerator and reheat for a nutritious and filling breakfast meal.
Banana Fritters are one of my favorite childhood snacks. I love them warm or chilled, anytime time of the day.
These can be made over night and served as part of a breakfast menu.
The recipe is simple and easy.
Overnight Banana Fritters
(1) Mash ripe bananas with a food masher or a fork.