Even if you don’t like salmon, these delicious Air fryer salmon steaks with a creamy coconut BBQ sauce will convert you.
Whether you’re on a special diet or just looking for a new dinner recipe, salmon is one of the best healthy protein options for everyone.
The star of the dish is the coconut BBQ sauce. I’ve made this delectable sauce several times with various types of fish. If you want a quicker and easier recipe, replace the salmon steaks with canned salmon.
Let me know what you think. Leave a comment and star rating at the end of this blog.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
If you do not own a Gourmia Air Fryer, here are my links for your shopping convenience.
Air Fryer Salmon Steaks In Creamy Coconut BBQ Sauce.
Your kitchen will need one of these kitchen cookwares and utensil. Click on each for more detailed information and your shopping convenience.
One-Pot Sweet & Sour Shrimp With Cassava
Air Fryer Salmon Steaks Cooked In A Creamy Coconut BBQ Sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Aluminium Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Garlic Press
- 3 Whole Salmon Steaks
- 3 tbsp Complete seasoning
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
Coconut BBQ Sauce
- 1½ cups Coconut Milk, (can)
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Onion, Sliced
- 2 tsp Thyme Dried
- 1 whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Pimento Seeds
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 thumb size Ginger, finely diced
Lets Season and Cook The Salmon Steaks
- These salmon steaks were purchased at my neighborhood fish market. They were approximately 2 inches thick. Before bathing the salmon in the sauce, I usually fry the salmon in vegetable oil. However, I decided to reduce the amount of grease and air fry them in my Gourmia Air Frier.
- In a small bowl, combine the complete seasoning, salt, black pepper, and mix well together. Drizzle seasoning on both sides of the salmon steaks. Allow resting in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In the Air fryer lay the salmon onto the greased air fryer basket. Air fry for 20 minutes at 400°F. After air frying, carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer basket with a spatula.The mistake I made with these steaks was that layed them on the crisper tray. This caused the salmon steaks to break a bit when I tried to remove them from the air fryer.
Let's Make The Sauce
- While the fish is being air fried, slice onions ¼-½ inch in thickness on a cutting board using a knife. Dice the ginger and use the garlic press to crush the garlic
- Heat oil In an aluminum pot for about 1-2 minutes. Dump the garlic, onion, dried thyme, and pimento seeds onto the heated oil. Stir fry until to onions are translucent and the natural oils and flavors of the herbs are released.
- Pour the coconut milk, and BBQ sauce into the onion mixture. Add whole scotch bonnet pepper, stir and mix well together. I used the Kraft Brown Sugar BBQ sauce in this recipe to add a hint of sweetness to the sauce.
- Mix well together and allow the sauce to simmer for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove salmon from the air fryer using a spatula.
- Add the air-fried salmon steaks to the sauce with care. Allow it to soak in the sauce and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. The steaks may crumble slightly, but this is fine; it does not detract from the aweson flavors.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm. The salmon steaks were served on a bed of my homemade yellow garden rice, which I made with parboiled rice, unsalted butter, frozen carrots, sweet peas, tumeric powder, and salt to taste. Enjoy!
You will also love this Jerk Chicken Mac and cheese recipe. Click HERE for the recipe.
Join Food Explora on Instagram. My handle name is JamaicanISH Foodie. I showcase food and travel-related posts. Let’s be Instafrenz!
Below are two of my food and travel related posts.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram