Asparagus is part of the cruciferous vegetable family. They are loaded with many health and nutrition benefits. Moreover, they are high in fiber, and very low in calories: 1 cup asparagus has approximately 40 calories.
In my other blogs, I have shared in brief the healthy benefits of other cruciferous vegetables. However, Healthline breaks down all the Health Benefits of Asparagus.
In this blog, you will enjoy 2 different interesting ways to add a lot of flavor to your asparagus. I would like to know what you think. So please leave a comment and a star rating. Thank You.
Bacon Wrapped and Panko Parmesan Crusted Asparagus.
Asparagus: Bacon Wrapped and Panko Parmesan Crusted.
- Baking tray
- 3 Rectangular Containers
- Cutting Board
- 16 oz. Asparagus
- 1 large Egg
- 3 tbsp Olive Canola oil blend
- 1 cup Unseasoned Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Strips Hickory Bacon Strips
- 1 tbsp All-purpose Seasoning
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
Asparagus wrapped with Bacon
- Cut off the end portion of all the asparagus. The ends are usually very fibrous and not palatable.
- Drizzle oil onto asparagus and season with the salt and pepper.
- Lay bacon strips onto cutting boad.
- Cut each bacon strips into 2 fairly equal pieces.
- Sandwich one end of the bacon strip between 2 asparagus.
- Wrap the bacon around the 2 asparagus to form a hickory blanket. Tuck the other end piece in between the end pieces of the asparagus to secure the wrap.
- Lightly brush the baking tray with oil.
- Repeat the bacon wrap to make 6. Place on baking tray . Turn on oven to 350 °F.
- Bake in the oven for 10 -15 minutes until bacon is cooked and forms a crispy bite around the asparagus stalks.
Panko-Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
- In a container, add the panko, complete seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In another container, use the whisk to beat eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Coat asparagus with egg mixture.
- Dredge asparagus with panko parmesan mixture.
- Lay breaded asparagus on baking tray.
- Place the bacon wrap and panko coated asparagus into the 350 °F.
- After 10-15 minutes, remove from oven and, serve using spatula.