These double flavored Asparagus recipes are perfect as a side dish or an appetizer. Asparagus is part of the cruciferous vegetable family. They are loaded with many health and nutrition benefits. Moreover, they are high in fiber, and very low in calories: 1 cup asparagus has approximately 40 calories.
In my other blogs, I have shared in brief the health benefits of other cruciferous vegetables. However, Healthline breaks down all the Health Benefits of Asparagus.
In this blog, you will enjoy 2 different interesting ways to add a lot of flavor to your asparagus. I would like to know what you think. So please leave a comment and a star rating. Thank You.
Bacon Wrapped and Panko Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Recipes.
Here are all the ingredients You Will Need.
Asparagus Recipes: Bacon Wrapped and Parmesan Panko Crusted.
- Baking tray
- 3 Rectangular Containers
- Cutting Board
- 16 oz. Asparagus
- 1 large Egg
- 3 tbsp Olive Canola oil blend
- 1 cup Unseasoned Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Strips Hickory Bacon Strips
- 1 tbsp All-purpose Seasoning
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
Asparagus wrapped with Bacon
- Cut off the end portion of all the asparagus. The ends are usually very fibrous and not palatable.
- Drizzle oil onto asparagus and season with the salt and pepper.
- Lay bacon strips onto cutting boad.
- Cut each bacon strips into 2 fairly equal pieces.
- Sandwich one end of the bacon strip between 2 asparagus.
- Wrap the bacon around the 2 asparagus to form a hickory blanket. Tuck the other end piece in between the end pieces of the asparagus to secure the wrap.
- Lightly brush the baking tray with oil.
- Repeat the bacon wrap to make 6. Place on baking tray . Turn on oven to 350 °F.
- Bake in the oven for 10 -15 minutes until bacon is cooked and forms a crispy bite around the asparagus stalks.
Panko-Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
- In a container, add the panko, complete seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In another container, use the whisk to beat eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Coat asparagus with egg mixture.
- Dredge asparagus with panko parmesan mixture.
- Lay breaded asparagus on baking tray.
- Place the bacon wrap and panko coated asparagus into the 350 °F.
- After 10-15 minutes, remove from oven and, serve using spatula.
Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Recipes
Here is another power house cruciferous vegetable that you will enjoy.
You are also going to love this cruciferous vegetable. Click HERE for nutrition information and the recipe.
6 thoughts on “Asparagus Recipes: Bacon Wrapped & Parmesan Crusted.”
Looks really tasty! Might try it one day
What a delicious side dish! We love asparagus and bacon, so why not combine them?
I love asparagus but never thought in cooking in that way. It is so easy and so tasty…… yummy
This sound amazing
I absolutely love asparagus, so any kind of recipe involving this particular vegetable piques my interest. Wrapping it in bacon and covering it in breadcrumbs are great ideas! I definitely need to try these out for myself.
Genuinely no matter if someone doesn’t know afterward its up to other users that
they will help, so here