Bacardi Coconut Rum Bread Pudding is so sinfully delicious, it’s addictive. This recipe will take you heaven and back.
Bread Pudding is the quickest and easiest dessert or snack to whip up. Most people do not eat the end slices or what i call “bread back” of the loaf of a bread. I never discard of these slices. I add them in zip locker bags and store in the freezer for later use.
Bread Lives Matter?
I don’t think that it matters the type of bread you use to make a bread pudding. Most time my pool of “bread backs” include sourdough, whole wheat and potato bread.
The wet ingredients with the spices and unique flavors are the lifeline of a bread pudding recipe. However, the type of bread used does contribute to the varied texture of a bread pudding.
Every household should have a cast iron pot . They are very versatile and can be use for cooking as well as baking. Cast iron pots create a very nice crust on the outside of your bread pudding. I highly recommend that you purchase one.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe. Also check out my blog on Banana Loaf with Rum Cream Swirl
The Proof Is In The Pudding.
The Bread Pudding Ingredients
whole wheat and/or white bread
1/2 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup dried raisins.
White or Brown
1 teaspoon grated.
1/2 cup Bacardi Coconut Rum
bacardi rum Bread Pudding
PREPARE DRY INGREDIENTS
(1) In a large bowl combine: pieces of bread, shredded coconut, and raisins.
(2) Mix all ingredients so that they are evenly distributed.
PREPARE WET INGREDIENTS
(1) In a bowl add: milk, sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg, Bacardi rum,eggs and melted butter.
(2) Mix all ingredients thoroughly until the sugar dissolves.
COMBINE WET AND DRY INGREDIENTS
(1) Pour the milk mixture onto the dry ingredient mixture.
(2) Mix together and leave at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
PREPARE PAN AND OVEN
(1) Turn Oven on to 350 °F.
(2) Grease baking tray with butter or cooking spray oil. (I used a 18x13x2 inches pan).
(3) Pour mixture onto baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
PREPARE BACARDI ORANGE MARMALADE GLAZE
(1) In a small bowl, add 4 tablespoons of orange marmalade.
(2) Add 2 table spoons of the Bacardi Coconut Rum and mix together.
With a spoon or a pastry brush , coat top of bread pudding with glaze after removed from oven.
*The glaze is optional, but it adds an entirely new layer of flavor and texture.
Below Are Some Of My Other Bread Pudding Creations
Bread Pudding with Black Sesame Seeds
I am always experimenting with bread pudding. I added black sesame seeds to this coconut bread pudding with the marmalade glaze for added texture
Bread Pudding with Oats & Cranberries.
The texture of this bread pudding is less smooth because i used sourdough bread. Oats and cranberries was added just for added fiber
Bread Pudding with Mixed Peels.
This is one of my favorite bread pudding creations. Mixed peels is a main ingredients in fruit cake. Adding them to this bread pudding turned out very well.The bread backs were from a mixture of whole wheat and white bread.