I am sure you don’t think of guava and cream cheese as two ingredients in banana bread. This banana bread recipe calls for swirls of guava cream cheese that will have everyone begging for more.
Some of the words I use to describe this sweet treat are moist, sweet, and delicious unique flavors. I hope you have as much fun making this as I did.
Let me know what you think in the comment section at the bottom of this blog recipe.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
If you do not own a Gourmia Air Fryer, here are my links for your shopping convenience. They are easy to use and clean.
Homemade Banana Bread With Guava Cream Cheese Swirl.
Here are all the ingredients you will need.
Below are some amazon ingredient links for your shopping convenience.
My Amazon Fresh Picks
Your kitchen will need one of these kitchen cookwares. Click on each for more detailed information and your shopping convenience.
Banana Bread With Guava Cream Cheese Swirl Recipe
- Mixing Bowls
- Loaf Pan ( 9 x 5 inches)
- 2 large Ripe Bananas
- 3 medium Eggs
- ¾ cup Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Nutmeg, grated
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp, Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Coconut Extract
Guava Cream Cheese Swirl
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Bacardi Coconut Rum
- ¼ cup Guava Paste, cubed
- 1 cup Whole Unsalted Cashew, crushed
Let's Make The Banana Bread
- In a mixing bowl, use a food masher or whisk to mash the ripe bananas. To the mashed bananas, combine the melted butter, milk, sugar, nutmeg, eggs, vanilla, and coconut extract
- In a separate bowl, combine together, all-purpose flour, baking powder, oats, and salt. Mix together.
- To the banana mixture, add the dry ingredients and mix them together using a whisk. Allow the banana loaf mixture to rest at room temperature, while you make the swirl.
We Now Make The Guava Cheese Swirl
- Turn the oven on to 350 °F. Cut the guava paste into cubes.
- In a small saucepan combine the guava cubes and Bacardi rum. Over low heat, stir continuosly until the cubes melt. Allow mixture to cool for 5 -10 minutes.
- Add the guava sauce to the cream cheese and mix well together.
We Are Now Ready To Bake The Banana Bread
- Grease loaf pan with unsalted butter. Pour the Banana Bread batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Spoon guava-cream cheese onto top of banana bread batter. Use a spoon to make swirls.
- This step is optional. I did not have walnuts, so I used cashews instead. Add 1 cup of cashew to a ziplock bag. Used a rolling pin or solid instrument to break them into small pieces.
- Add half of the crushed cashew to the banana bread and the remaining half on top of the loaf batter.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 -35 minutes until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Use a dinner knife to run along the edges of the banana loaf. Carefully remove from bread from the pan and continue cooling on a cooling rack before cutting.
Here Is A Banana Recipe Idea:
Jamaican Style Banana Chia Fritters.
I would love to know what you think. Please leave a comment and star rating. What is your favorite hot cereal?
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.