This is not your ordinary banana bread. This butter-less healthier banana bread recipe is loaded with good nutrition. Moreover, it’s moist, delicious, and has a unique flavor and texture.
These beautiful yellow fruits are very are versatile and are used in many recipes. Banana bread is simple, easy and, comes in variations of different flavor profiles and textures.
Banana bread is ideal as a dessert or snack. Have a slice with your coffee for a delicious nutrition-packed breakfast.
They are very economical and will not break your pocket. If your bananas are going extra ripe, don’t through them out; they are perfect for this recipe.
The riper the bananas the sweeter and the more flavorful the bread. On my blog site, you will find a number of recipes that call for ripe bananas. The recipe below has a unique twist that you will appreciate.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Here are some of my favorite Amazon finds. I have used them for years and enjoyed them. Check them out!
Easy Homemade Banana Oat Bread With Chia Seed Red Wine.
Here Are All The Ingredients You Will Need For The Banana Bread Recipe.
Some Ingredients can be found on Amazon with links below for your shopping convenience.
Easy Homemade Banana Oats Loaf With Red Wine Chia Seeds.
- 4 Inches baking pans
- Pyrex baking loaf pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Wooden Spoon
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 3 Medium Whole Eggs
- ½ cup Old Fashion Oats
- 3 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ tbsp. Lemon Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1½ tsp Grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Chateau Diana Red Wine (or your favorite red wine)
- ½ cup Coconut Powder
Let's Prepare The Wet Ingredients
- Peel bananas and add to a bowl
- Use a whisk to mash the bananas until the mixture is uniform in texture.
- To mashed bananas, add brown sugar, vanilla extract, lemon extract, grated nutmeg, salt. Mix very well.
- Pour red wine into banana mixture
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- To the red wine batter mixture, add the eggs and mix very well, and set aside.
Let's Prepare The Dry Ingredients
- In another bowl, use the sieve to sift the flour, coconut powder, cinnamon powder, and baking powder.
- To the sifted flour mixture, add the rolled oats and use a wooden spoon to mix together to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Add the chia seeds to the oats and flour mixture. Mix well together.
- Set the oven to 375 ° F.
- To the wet ingredients mixture, add small portions of the dry flour mixture.
- Use a cut and fold motion to incorporate the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Once all ingredients are mixed together, prepare the baking pans by spraying a non-stick can oil spray onto the base and inner side of the pans.
- In this recipe, used 2 size pans: two 4'" pans and an 8 inches pyrex loaf pan. Pour the batter mixture into the pan upto about ¾ inches.
- This is optional, but you can decorate the top of the mixture with maraschino cherries, chia seeds, sesame seeds, and rolled oat.
- Place banana bread into the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. At the 20 minutes mark, check on the two 4 inches of banana bread. Insert a wooden skewer in the center. If the skewer comes out clean, remove the smaller pan from the oven. If not, leave in oven to bake for another 3-5 minutes. The larger loaf pan banana bread baked for 35 minutes. You may also want to check the doneness of the banana bread at the 25 - 30 minutes mark.
- Turn off the oven. Remove the banana bread from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Gently remove banana loaf from pans and allow to continue cooling at room temperature on a cooling rack.