Look no further! Here is an easy date night dinner or lunch meal that you will love. Our Braised Turkey Leg Steaks In Red Wine Reduction Sauce will transport your tastebuds into the world of exquisite flavors and solid comfort that is sure to enrich your dining experience.
I have been shopping on Amazon for years. I love the idea that I can now purchase my groceries from Amazon Fresh and they are delivered right outside my door steps. Be sure to check out the food and kitchen accessory links in this blog for more information.
You will also enjoy my Easy Pork Chops Smothered In A Delicious Mènage à Trois Red Wine Gravy recipe.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
If do not own of of these cooking gadgets, here are my links for your shopping convenience and more information
How To Make Braised Turkey Legs.
Braised Turkey Leg Steaks In Red Wine Reduction Sauce.
Below are some amazon ingredient affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click on each ingredient to learn more.
Braised Turkey Leg Steaks In Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- Cast Iron Enamel Pot
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2½ lbs. Turkey Leg Steaks
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 3 cups Sweet Red Wine
- 4 medium Carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks Scallions
- 1½ cups Frozen Tricolor Stir fry
- 1 medium Onion, roughly diced
- 3 tbsp. Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. Complete Seasoning
- 1½ medium Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1½ tsp Black Pepper
Lets Season Turkey Leg Steaks
- These pre-sliced Turkey drum legs were purchased from a local grocery store. Whole turkey legs or turkey wings work just as well.
- Wash turkey legs in a mixture of lime juice and water. Drain lime water from the turkey legs and season with jerk seasoning, complete seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Massage the seasoning into the turkey legs and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Braised Turkey Leg Steaks
- Heat oil in a cast iron Dutch pot for about 2 minutes. Remove the excess marinate from the legs and carefully lay each piece of turkey steak in hot oil. Add 1 cup warm water to the remaining marinade and set aside.Sear or brown each side for 1-2 minutes or until browned over medium heat
- Remove the braised turkey leg steaks from hot oil and set aside in a bowl. The remaining bits and pieces from turkey leg steaks will add a lot of flavor to the reduced sauce. To deglaze the bottom of the pan, add the carrots, onion, sweet (bell) peppers and stir well. Use the blade of the spoon to help scrape all that flavor from the bottom of the pan. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss to combine. Allow vegetables to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups of your preferred sweet red wine into the vegetable mixture. I used Manischewitz cherry-flavored red wine in this recipe. This wine is ideal for this dish. It adds the right amount of sweetness and richness to the red wine reduction sauce, which balances off the heat of the spicy peppers.
- To the wine mixture, add the turkey leg steaks, thyme sprigs, 2 scallion stalks, and scotch bonnet peppers.Stir well together and allow them to cook for 35 to 40 minutes over low to medium heat in a covered pot or until the turkey legs are tender.
- Remove tender braised turkey leg steaks in red wine reduction sauce from the flame and serve with your favorite starch side dish. This recipe serves 4 to 6 people.This braised turkey leg steak will go great with my Gluten-Free Cassava Sweet Potato Mash. But you'll fall in love with my simple Buttery Blue Cheese Sweet Potato Mash. See the recipe below.
Buttery Blue Cheese Sweet Potato Mash
- This side dish is quite simple. You will need:2 medium sweet potatoes (batata), 2 large russet potatoes, ⅓ cup blue cheese, cooked mixed vegetables, 4 tbsps. butter, salt, and ground black pepper. Boil diced potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables until tender. Mash together butter, blue cheese, salt, and pepper with hot cooked potatoes. Serve with braised turkey legs in red wine reduction sauce for the perfect date night dinner.