Mac and Cheese is very popular soul food side dish. There are so many different variations. However, this Vegan Gluten-free Mac and cheese is the most unique version you will find on the internet.
Jerk Vegan sausages cooked into a creamy coconut sauce that gets married with gluten-free chickpeas pasta shells is the basis of the dish. I hope you enjoy . Let me know what you think in the comments section.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
If you do not own a Gourmia Air Fryer, here are my links for your shopping convenience.
Vegan Gluten-Free Jerk "Mac" and Cheese
Here are all the ingredients you will need.
Below are some amazon ingredient links for your shopping convenience.
Vegan Mozarella Shreds
Badia Complete Seasoning
Your kitchen will need one of these kitchen cookwares and utensil. Click on each for more detailed information and your shopping convenience.
Creamy Vegan Gluten-Free Jerk "Mac" and Cheese Recipe.
- Sauce Pan for Pasta
- Cutting Board
- Garlic Press
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Aluminum Pot
- Strainer or Sieve
- 8 oz Daiya Vegan Mozarella Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 8 oz Banza Shells Made With Chickpeas
- ½ cup Yellow Sweet Pepper, diced
- 4 cups Baby Spinach, Chopped
- 3 cups Mushrooms, diced
- 7.4 oz. Beyond Meat Breakfast Sausage
- ½ cup Yellow Onion, diced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Complete Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp, Dried Thyme
Cook The Gluten-free Pasta Shells
- Traditionally, Mac and Cheese recipe use elbow macaroni. However, this recipe calls for Shells made with chickpeas. They are healthier and perfect for this gluten-free vegan side dish.
- In a pot, bring to boil 1-quart water. This is optional, but you may add 2 tsp. salt to boiling water. The box instructions said to cook for about 9-11 minutes. Dump the entire box of vegan pasta shells in the boiling water and cook for 7 -9 minutes. However, you want the shells to be just al dente or soft to touch.
- Strain pasta shells and set them aside in a bowl.
Prepare and Cook The Jerk Beyond Meats Breakfast Sausage
- The Beyond Meat Breakfast Sausage comes with 6 patties in the box. I did not get the spicy ones, because they will be seasoned with the Walkerswood spicy jerk sauce.
- Remove them from and box and lay them on a cutting board.
- Cut each patty into ½ inch cubes.
- In a bowl add the cubes and add the jerk seasoning.
- Gently stir the sausage cubes until all are coated with the jerk sauce. I used the spicy jerk sauce, but you can purchase the mild-flavored one if you do not like heat. However, the creaminess of the sauce will balance the heat out a bit.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the jerk sausage cubes into hot oil and brown on each side for 1-2 minutes. They should become golden brown and get a bit crispy. Removed the cooked sausage bits and set aside into a bowl
Let's Make Creamy Vegan Cheese Jerk Sauce
- On a cutting board, dice the onion, sweet pepper, and mushrooms. Use a garlic press to crush the garlic. Chop the spinach into small pieces and set them aside.
- Lower the flame. In the same pot add the mushrooms, sweet peppers, crushed garlic, dried thyme, and onions. Stir and allow them to sweat for 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle the coconut flour into the vegetable mixture and stir very well. Continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the can of coconut milk into the vegetable and flour mixture and stir using a wooden spoon. Make sure you scrape the bits and pieces from the bottom of the pot. These caked-on pieces of food are loaded with goodness and will also add tons of flavor to the sauce.
- Stir and allow the coconut sauce to cook and thicken. The aroma permeating through the kitchen from this sauce will have you drooling.
- Add your shredded spinach and continue cooking while stirring in the flavors.
- You can now add the Vegan Mozarella Cheese and cook until it melts or dissolves.
- After most of it has melted, dump the cooked jerk sausage bits into the Vegan coconut cheese sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Season sauce with salt, black pepper, complete seasoning and smoked paprika. Mix together.
- Add the cooked vegan pasta shells. Stir and let them bathe into the creamy jerk coconut sauce. Over low heat, let it cook for another 1-2 minutes to soak up and marry with the sauce.
- Serve while warm. Leftovers can be stored in a glass storage container and later reheated in a microwave. Moreover, the Vegan Mac and Cheese actually taste much better a few days later.
Vegan Jerk Mac and Cheese.
You will also love this Jerk Chicken Mac and cheese recipe. Click HERE or on the picture for the recipe.
28 thoughts on “Creamy Vegan Jerk Mac and Cheese: Beyond Meat | Gluten-Free.”
I am vegan, and this recipe sounds perfect for Friday evening with a glass of white wine. So I am going to try it.
great side dish and snack!
I love Mac, and Cheese, Yummy! These pictures made me hungry. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I am always looking for recipes to make for my family.
Oooo this sounds absolutely delicious! I love these kinda recipes, I’ll defiantly be making this asap. Thank you so much for sharing with us Xo
Elle – ellegracedeveson.com
Oh, wow — this sounds incredible! Thanks for this recipe, it definitely elevates vegan mac!
This sounds like a great dish. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I am not usually a fan of Mac and Cheese, because I don’t love traditional pasta dishes, but this sounds wonderful! I love the use of chickpea pasta and coconut milk!
Thanks for dropping by Kimberly. I am glad you like the Vegan Mac and Cheese. The pasta and coconut milk pair very well together. Moreover, coconut milk makes everything taste good.
I love anything jerk, so i cannot wait to make this.
the photo made my mouth water haha!!
Thank you for sharing!
Thank you. I appreciate your visit. You will enjoy it enjoy.
I couldn’t imagine a vegan Mac & Cheese dish. This one looks so yummy 😋 and easy to do. Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙌
I’ve never tasted vegan cheese or pasta made from chickpeas, do they taste like their regular versions?
This recipe looks AMAZING! I love beyond meat and creamy pasta, so this is the perfect combination for me! I have saved it for later, thank you for sharing!!
Em – https://www.earthlyem.co.uk
I have just transitioned to a vegan diet, and I’m currently looking for vegan recipes that I can try. So lucky to have come across this recipe. I can’t wait to try this!
Oh wow!!!!!! Love this vegan Mac & cheese. Thank you for sharing this recipe with me.
Thank you for dropping by Fadima. See you again soon.
This sounds really good! Did you create this recipe? It’s very unique and sounds delicious. I read the title and thought it was going to be made with jackfruit rather than fake sausage. I think it might be even better using jackfruit instead. You could still use the jerk spices. I’m working on lowering the fat content of my diet & increasing fiber currently. I’d probably swap out the coconut oil for a cashew cream based sauce. Beautiful photos!
Sorry, I meant I’d swap out the sausage, coconut milk & olive oil to make it a little lower fat and higher fiber. I’ve learned you can sauté food in water or vegetable stock instead of oil – works fine. Thanks for the inspiring recipe!
The idea of sauteing food in vegetable stock sounds interesting. Thanks for the tips.
Baby Boomer…thank you for visiting. I appreciate your comment. I created this recipe using the Beyond Meats Brand. Their “fake sausage” LOL is plant-based according to their website. Cooking young Jackfruit is new to me. I am from the Caribbean, I enjoy eating freshly picked jackfruit from the tree. But your idea of using jackfruit in this recipe is a good idea.
Lowering the fat content and increasing the amount of fiber may be beneficial for those who follow a low-calorie diet. I will take your replacement suggestions the next time I make it. But overall, it was a super delicious dish.
Love this recipe. Love that you used banza!
Appreciate you Christine.
Yum!! I love jerk flavored anything, and definitely love a good Mac and cheese. It’s great this is a Vegan and Gluten-free version so everyone can enjoy the flavors. Delicious!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you Jenna.
This recipe sounds great even though I’m not a plant based eater have family who is will share it with them.
Tianna, share the recipe with all your plant-based eating friends and family members. Thank you for the rating and comment.
this looks awsome
Thank you, Jimmy.