One-Pot Cabbage Stir Fry Rice Bowl in 30 Minutes is hot, spicy, and full of unique flavors, making it the ideal evening dinner for the family.
Cooking hot Italian sausage and cabbage together yields a flavorful result. I’ve tried various brands of Italian sausages, but love those of Johnsonville, a family-owned business.
They have a variety of different flavor sausages that you will enjoy. You can buy their brand on Amazon Fresh.
Before you go to the recipe, here is my disclosure statement.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
One-Pot Spicy Cabbage Stir Fry Rice Bowl.
Here are all the ingredients you will need.
Below are some amazon ingredient links for your shopping convenience.
Badia Complete Seasoning
Badia Dried Thyme Leaves
Peas & Carrots
Your kitchen will need one of these kitchen cookwares and gadget. Click on each for more detailed information and your shopping convenience.
Easy One-Pot Cabbage Stir Fry Rice Bowl With Hot Italian Sausage.
- Large Aluminum Pot
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- 4 cups Parboil Rice
- 6½ cups Warm Water
- 8 cups Green Cabbage, chopped
- 5 links Hot Italian Sausages (~ 1lb)
- 2 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- 6 cloves Garlic. crushed
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ cup Frozen Peas and Carrot
- 2 tsp Complete Seasoning
- Take the frozen Italian sausage out of the freezer. On a cutting board, cut each sausage link about 1½ -2 inches thick with a knife. If you like, you make cut them into smaller pieces.The outer membrane can be easily removed by cutting them frozen. Remove the outer membrane from each piece after you've cut them into bite-size pieces.
- For 1 minute over a medium to high flame, heat a large aluminum pot. Add the Italian sausage cuts to the heated pot. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. This will aid in the rendering of some of the fat and caramelization of the sausages.
- To the sausage, add the chopped onions, crushed garlic, thyme leaves, and pimento seeds. Allow them to cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, to combine all of their flavors.
- Cut green cabbage into rough cuts; approximately 1-inch thickness.
- Add the cabbage, black pepper, peas, and carrots, Slap Ya Mama, and Complete Seasoning to the sausage mixture.Toss everything together and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the 4 cups of uncooked parboil rice into the cabbage and sausage mixture. Mix well and distribute the rice evenly.
- Lower flame low to medium heat. Cover the pot and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve in a bowl warm. Serves 6-8 people.