One-Pot Cabbage Stir Fry Rice Bowl in 30 Minutes is hot, spicy, and full of unique flavors, making it the ideal evening dinner for the family.
Cooking hot Italian sausage and cabbage together yields a flavorful result. I’ve tried various brands of Italian sausages, but love those of Johnsonville, a family-owned business.
They have a variety of different flavor sausages that you will enjoy. You can buy their brand on Amazon Fresh.
Before you go to the recipe, here is my disclosure statement.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
Connect with Food Explora on Instagram. The JamaicanISH foodie page features all food and travel adventures. Use the hashtag #foodexplora. You’ll adore these delectable Jamaican Irish Moss Drink Recipe and Banana Fritter Waffle.
One-Pot Spicy Cabbage Stir Fry Rice Bowl.
Here are all the ingredients you will need.
Below are some amazon ingredient links for your shopping convenience.
Badia Complete Seasoning
Badia Dried Thyme Leaves
Peas & Carrots
Your kitchen will need one of these kitchen cookwares and gadget. Click on each for more detailed information and your shopping convenience.
Easy One-Pot Cabbage Stir Fry Rice Bowl With Hot Italian Sausage.
- Large Aluminum Pot
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- 4 cups Parboil Rice
- 6½ cups Warm Water
- 8 cups Green Cabbage, chopped
- 5 links Hot Italian Sausages (~ 1lb)
- 2 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- 6 cloves Garlic. crushed
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ cup Frozen Peas and Carrot
- 2 tsp Complete Seasoning
- Take the frozen Italian sausage out of the freezer. On a cutting board, cut each sausage link about 1½ -2 inches thick with a knife. If you like, you make cut them into smaller pieces.The outer membrane can be easily removed by cutting them frozen. Remove the outer membrane from each piece after you've cut them into bite-size pieces.
- For 1 minute over a medium to high flame, heat a large aluminum pot. Add the Italian sausage cuts to the heated pot. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. This will aid in the rendering of some of the fat and caramelization of the sausages.
- To the sausage, add the chopped onions, crushed garlic, thyme leaves, and pimento seeds. Allow them to cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, to combine all of their flavors.
- Cut green cabbage into rough cuts; approximately 1-inch thickness.
- Add the cabbage, black pepper, peas, and carrots, Slap Ya Mama, and Complete Seasoning to the sausage mixture.Toss everything together and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the 4 cups of uncooked parboil rice into the cabbage and sausage mixture. Mix well and distribute the rice evenly.
- Lower flame low to medium heat. Cover the pot and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve in a bowl warm. Serves 6-8 people.
23 thoughts on “Easiest One-Pot Cabbage Stir Fry Rice Bowl With Hot Italian Sausage.”
Looks and sounds delicious! Saving the recipe to try out. Love the pictures too.
Great trick with cutting the sausage frozen! Sounds delicious thank you for sharing.
This looks so good! We always have cabbage on hand since it stores so well and this would be perfect for a quick dinner!
Thanks for sharing can’t wait to try!
This sounds amazing! I love cabbage and stir-fry, love to try this myself! Thank you for sharing.
You never fail to add so many delicious looking dishes which instantly catch my eye and make me hungry! I love myself a rice bowl so this sounds right up my street. I’ll defiantly be giving this a make asap. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us, I love it! Xo
Elle – ellegracedeveson.com
Thank you Elle. Appreciate the love.
I think this is the first recipe you’ve shared that even I could cook without messing it up, which is pretty rare. The recipe sounds great, but what’s in complete seasoning? I don’t think we have that in the UK
Lol. I am glad you found this cabbage one-pot meal easy to prepare. Badia Complete seasoning is a mixture of several dried herbs. Check out the link to read more.
Wow this sounds soooo tasty – I’ve only just discovered my love of cabbage haha!
Thanks for dropping by Kathy. Hope you get to make my cabbage dish soon. Please visit again.
Very interesting recipe. Love the use of cabbage, it really adds a lot to any meal, and any recipe that calls for hot Italian sausage is always a good idea. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Flawless World
I can’t wait to try this recipe. We love cooked cabbage in recipes this one sounds so good. Being from South Louisiana this recipe will fit right into our cookbooks 😀
Thanks for dropping by sherry. Hope to get to try this one-pot cabbage dish soon and enjoy it the way I did.
Love the idea of cabbage hot bowl fried rice. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Fadima
Your recipes are always so yummy! This one sounds like something my dad and husband would definitely enjoy. I will have to save it for Father’s Day! Thank you for sharing!
Kevin, this looks delicious and so easy to make – plus one bowl? Yes please!
This recipe sounds amazing. Definitely need to try it. Thank you for sharing.
This recipe sounds amazing. Definitely need to try it at some point this week. Thank you for sharing.
I’m not the biggest fan of cabbage but after seeing this I defiantly think I’ll give it a go! I’m loving the sound of it, thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us. I’ll defiantly be putting these ingredients on my shopping list this week. Xo
Elle – ellegracedeveson.com
This looks very delicious, I love cabbage! ! I will be definitely trying this recipe this week, thank you so much for sharing! – Penny / http://www.whatdidshetype.com