If you follow a ketogenic or low carbohydrate lifestyle, then this ground chicken recipe is for you. It is not only loaded with good nutrition, but it is also delicious. This dish is ideal for anytime of the day. It is easy and leftovers taste even better the next day.
Keto-Friendly low carb. dishes are becoming more popular today. This ketogenic lifestyle has proven to help with weight loss. Check out my blog Keto-Friendly Spicy Italian Sausage and Broccoli Quiche to learn more about the Ketogenic and other low-carb diet trends.
Ground Chicken Taco Bowl
Ok, Taco contains carbohydrates, I get it. However, taco bowls are one of my favorite ways to serve any protein food items such as eggs, ground meats, or vegetarian proteins. 2 Mission Super Soft Street Tacos only have 26 g of total carbohydrates. This amount of carbohydrates are not as bad. Moreover, this recipe has vegetables that help to decrease sugar absorption.
This recipe calls for the ground chicken to be served in taco bowls. However, this step is optional. You can also serve them on lettuce bowls. I hope you will enjoy this easy Keto-Friendly recipe. Let me know what you think. Leave a comment and star rating.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Here are some of my links for your shopping convenience.
Keto-Friendly Chicken and Vegetables
Easy Keto-Friendly Ground Chicken and Vegetables
- Cast Iron Skillet Pan
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Taco Bowls
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 2 tbsp. Complete Seasoning
- 3 tsp Roasted Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Smoked Parika
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 2.5 tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- 2 tsp, Cumin Seeds
- 3 cups Zucchini, Diced
- 2 cups Carrot, Diced
- 1 Can Diced Tomato
- 2 cups Frozen Onion and Peppers
Let's Prepare The Vegetables
- On a bamboo cutting board, use a knife to dice zucchini into small to medium pieces.
- Do the same for the carrot. Dice carrots into small to medium cubes.
- Open the can of diced tomato. Pour contents into a bowl and set aside.
- Leave frozen onion and peppers at room temperature to thaw.
Let's Cook The Ground Chicken
- Season ground chicken with Badia Complete seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight in a mixing bowl.
- In a cast-iron skillet pan, heat 3 tablespoons canola oil for 1 minute. Add the cumin seeds and allow to cook for 1 more minute.
- To the heated oil mixture, carefully add the seasoned grounded chicken and cook until browned. Stir periodically to avoid burning using a wooden spoon.
- Add the thawed sweet peppers and onions. Fresh onions and sweet peppers can be used in place of the frozen version if you desire.
- Mix together and cook for 2 minutes. This will allow for their juices to be released into the chicken.
- To the chicken mixture add the diced carrots and allow to cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the diced Zucchini and continue cooking. Stir and mix together until all the ingredients are fairly distributed throughout.
- After 2 minutes of adding the zucchini and cooking, add the diced tomatoes and stir together.
- Allow simmering over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from flame and serve.
Optional Ground ChickenTaco Bowls
- This step is optional, but taco bowls are a great way to serve this delicious keto-friendly ground chicken and vegetables. These molds can be purchased from Amazon. See link above.
- In a taco bowl, mold soft shell tacos and bake at 350 °F in an oven for 5 minutes or until they are crisp golden brown
- Remove tacos shell and filled with ground meat and vegetable.
- If you do not like the tacos, then this keto-friendly chicken and vegetables can be served on lettuce leaves. If you choose the taco bowl or the lettuce boats, you will enjoy this delicious keto protein-packed dish.
Keto-Friendly Ground Chicken Served on Lettuce Boats.
Thanks for dropping by. I would love to know what you think. Leave a comment and star rating.