This one-pot meal is not only simple, easy, and each ingredient together forms a perfect marriage that gives birth to a delicious dinner or lunch for the entire family. Before you check out the recipe, let’s talk a bit about Basmati Rice.
Let’s Talk Basmati Rice
Basmati is a form of white rice. In addition, It is grown mainly in India and the Middle East. In the Hindu language, Bas means “aroma” and mati translates as “full of.”
Of course, Basmati rice is definitely full of flavor compared to other white rice. Basmati rice is mainly served with curried dishes in India and middle eastern countries. Moreover, this rice can also be served with many other meat dishes such as stews.
Nutrition Content of Basmati Rice
Check out my Cheesy Orzo Cranberry Carrot Orzo Pasta blog recipe where I compared the nutrition facts of white rice, brown rice, and orzo pasta (rice-looking pasta).
Shrimp and Basmati Rice: A One-Pot Meal
Here are all the ingredients You Will Need.
Click on selected ingredients for shopping locations.
Easy One-Pot Meal: Shrimp and Basmati Rice.
- Sauce Pan
- Cutting Board
- Garlic Press
- Grater (use shred side)
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach, Sliced
- 1 cup Carrot, Shredded
- 16 oz. Large shrimp
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Badia All-purpose Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 3½ cups Basmati Rice
- 4½ cups Warm Water
Let's Season The Shrimp
- Remove shrimps from the package and add to the bowl. Run cold water onto shrimp. Not sure why the shrimp started foaming. But this was very unusual. If your shrimps become soapy foamy, wash until water is clear. If you know why this occurs, please leave your explanation in the comment section of this blog.
- Drain water from shrimp and season with salt, pepper, and the Badia All-purpose seasoning. You can use any seasoning you desire. I love the Badia All-purpose seasoning and use it in most of my recipes. Place shrimps in the refrigerator for 2 hours. I marinated these shrimps overnight.
- Remove seasoned shrimps from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
Let's Cook The Basmati Shrimp
- On the cutting board, use the knife to chop spinach, dice the onion and use a grater to shred carrot.
- In the Saucepan, heat the cooking oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the shrimps and cook while stirring constantly. until the shrimps become opaque and pinkish.
- To the shrimp, add your minced garlic and dried rosemary.
- Then add your diced onion.
- Stir together and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- To the shrimp mixture, add the shredded carrots.
- Add the fresh chopped spinach and mix well together into the shrimp mixture. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Pour Basmati rice into the mixture and stir. cool until the grains of rice becomes translucent. At this point, add the cups of warm water and stir. Cover saucepan and over medium heat cook rice until most of the liquid evaporates. This may take about 8-10 minutes.
- Once most of the liquid evaporates, lower the flame and gently stir the Basmati rice and shrimp. Cover the saucepan with the lid and allow to cook for another 3-5 minutes until all liquid evaporates leaving a very fluffy and delicious shrimp rice one-pot meal.
Basmati Rice and Shrimp One-Pot Meal.
One-Pot Meal: Basmati Shrimp Dish.
You will love this Vegan Meatless Dish. Click on the picture and name for the recipe.
3 thoughts on “Easy One-Pot Meal: Shrimp and Basmati Rice Recipe.”
I’ve never tried Basmati rice before. Usually when I
I cook shrimp, it’s with Jasmine Rice. I’m looking forward to this one pot meal and thank you for the recipe!
I love the texture of Basmati rice and I love shrimp. This looks like the perfect combo. I’ll have to try using your recipe in my Instant Pot!
I literally had a pile of shrimp in my fridge wondering what I should do with. This is delicious! So glad I stumbled upon it 🙌