Prepare to get your tastebuds dancing with our Easy Spicy Ground Sausage and Spanish Rice Stir Fry. This recipe combines the spicy kick of the minced sausage combined with the vibrant and aromatic essence of Spanish rice.
Don’t worry if you’re a Vegan or Vegetarian; we have got you covered. For your convenience, we have included links to two of my top vegan recipes below.
I have been shopping on Amazon for years. I love the idea that I can now purchase my groceries from Amazon Fresh and they are delivered right outside my door steps. Be sure to check out the food and kitchen accessory links in this blog for more information.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
If do not own of of these food processors, here are my links for your shopping convenience and more information
If you haven’t done so already, join JAMAICANish Foodie on Instagram. We explore unique delicious food/dishes and travel explorations.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Easy Spicy Ground Sausage Spanish Rice Recipe.
Here are all the spicy sausage rice stir fry ingredients you will need .
Below are some amazon ingredient affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click on each ingredient to learn more.
Your kitchen will need these utensils. Here are the links for your shopping convenience.
Easy Spicy Sausage Spanish Rice Stir Fry.
- Aluminum Pot
- Cutting Board
- Garlic Press
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Sauce Pan
Let's Cook The Spanish Rice
- 2 cups Parboil Rice
- 4½ cups Water
- 1 packet Sazon Seasoning
Ground Sausage Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 lb. Mild or Spicy Italian Sausage
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Rosemary, dried
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Complete Seasoning
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 stalk Scallion/Green Onions, sliced
- 2 cups Frozen Tri-color Sweet Peppers
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables, defrosted
- 5 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 medium Roma Tomato, diced
Cook Rice In Advance
- If you have leftover rice in the fridge, now is an excellent time to use it up in this dish. Making this Spanish-style rice for the stir fry, on the other hand, offers a distinct dimension of flavor.
- In a strainer or sieve, wash parboiled rice under cool tap running water until it flows clear. In a saucepan, Pour 4½ cups water onto the rice. Add a packet (1.41 oz) of the Goya Sazon seasoning and mix well together. Cook rice in an uncovered saucepan over medium heat until the water evaporates, producing fluffy rice. When most of the water has evaporated, cover it with a lid and steam over low heat. The yellowish-brown color is due to the sazon seasoning; no need to add salt or butter.
- If you make the Spanish rice ahead of time, remove it from the saucepan and place it in a shallow rectangular container to cool at room temperature before storing it in the refrigerator.
Scramble The Eggs
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the 2 eggs together. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper (optional). In a skillet pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and scramble whisked eggs until light and fluffy. Remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl.
Let's Do The Stir Fry
- Season the ground Italian sausage with salt, pepper, complete seasoning, smoked paprika, and rosemary in a mixing bowl. With a spoon, combine all of the ingredients. If you like more heat and spice, you may order the Hot Italian Sausage from Amazon Fresh.
- On a cutting board, dice the onions, and Roma tomato. Slice the scallion into rings, and use a garlic press to crush the garlic press. Set them aside.
- In a large aluminum pan or wok, heat olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes. Add part of the diced onion and crushed garlic to hot oil and cook until they sweat and become translucent.Add the seasoned spicy Italian ground sausage and cook for 3 minutes or until pink meat turns brown. Use the wooden spoon or minced meat masher to break up the sausage into smaller pieces.
- To the minced sausage mixture, add the diced Roma tomatoes, remaining diced onion, and crushed garlic, and continue cooking over medium heat for another 2 minutes. At this step, you may also mix in 3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce. However, I opted to leave it out of this recipe.
- Dump the frozen mixed vegetables and sweet peppers into the meat mixture and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cooked Spanish rice until completely combined. Cook for another 2 minutes over medium heat.
- At this point, add the scrambled eggs and remaining scallions to the stir-fried ground sausage rice mixture and combine.
- Turn off the heat and set aside Spicy Ground Sausage Spanish Rice Stir Fry. This recipe serves approximately 4 to 6 people; served warm.