Jerk Fish Fried Rice? Imagine a symphony of tender pollock fish harmonizing with the vibrant colors of mixed vegetables, aromatic jerk flavors, and fluffy white rice all dancing together on the sizzling hot pan.
This one-pot dish will take your tastebuds on a culinary voyage across Asia and the Caribbean.
My Jerk Fish Fried Rice recipe is easy to make and a good source of nutrition. Furthermore, pollock fish is a good source of not just protein but also vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids, which all play a roll in heart health.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
If you want to own a Gourmia Air Fryer, here are my links for your shopping convenience.
Easy Jerk Pollock Fish Fried Rice Recipe.
Here Are The Ingredients You Will Need.
Below are some amazon ingredient links for your shopping convenience.
Everyone’s kitchen should have these. Click on each picture for more details and your shopping needs.
Easy Jerk Fish Fried Rice
- Aluminum Pot or Wok
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 cups Parboil Rice
- 4½ cups Water, room temperature
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 lb. Pollock Fish Fillets (4 fillets), cubed
- 3 tbsp Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
Other Jerk Fish Fried Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped Scallions
- 2½ cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables, thawed
- 1 tsp Badia Complete Seasoning
- 3 medium Eggs
- ½ cup Peanut Oil
- 1 cup Onion, cubed/wedged
- ½ cup Green Sweet Peppers, diced
- 3 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Frozen Vegetable Stir Fry, thawed
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
Let's Prepare The Rice
- This dish is a terrific way to use up any leftover white rice you may have in your fridge or freezer. Because of the texture, I chose parboiled rice for this recipe. You may, however, use your preferred choice of rice.
- Wash the extra starch from the parboiled rice under running water until the water becomes clear to help prevent sticky clumpy rice.
- In a saucepan, combine the 4½ cups water, rice, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat until all of the water has evaporated, leaving behind shelly fluffy rice.
- Allow the rice to cool to room temperature. The rice can be cooked the day before and refrigerated. However, if you are using old leftover rice from the refrigerator, remove it and set it aside to come to room temperature.
Fry the Pollock Fish Cubes
- Soak pollock for 10 minutes in vinegar or lime water. This is thought to help get rid of part of the fishy odor. To eliminate excess water, drain the acid water and pat dry with paper towels.
- On a cutting board, cut each fillet into approximately 2-inch cubes. Each fillet should yeild about 6 cubes.
- Season pollock cubes with my Homemade Jamaican Jerk Marinade recipe or Jamaican Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning that may be purchased from Amazon Fresh.
- Set aside overnight or for 2 hours in the refrigerator to marinate. Remove fish cubes from the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before frying.
- Heat the oil in a large deep metal saucepan or wok for 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs, carefully place each pollock cube into the hot oil. Cook and brown for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Removed cooked fish from hot oil and set aside in a bowl. The remaining bit and pieces at the bottom of the pot will add a lot of flavor to the remaining ingredients.
Let's Make Jerk Fish Fried Rice
- In a small bowl, mix together 3 medium eggs, salt, and black pepper using a whisk.Scramble the eggs in the same aluminum pot until done. Removed from the pot and set aside in a bowl.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, after adding the mixed veggies, diced green bell peppers, stir fry veggies. Season vegetables with garlic powder, complete seasoning, and onions. This is optional, but I added a few scotch bonnet pepper slices for more heat.
- Combine the cooked rice with the vegetable mixture. Pour the tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and toss the ingredients thoroughly together. You may use the traditional soy sauce instead of the balsamic vinegar.
- Add the scrambled eggs, chopped scallions or green onions to the rice mixture and give them a good stir.
- Finally, carefully stir in the cooked pollock fish cubes. Allow Jerk Fish Fried Rice to continue cooking for another 1 to 2 minutes over low heat, stirring periodically with a wooden spoon.
- Serve your Jerk Fish Fried Rice warm. This recipe serves approximately 4 to 6 people.