Why not marry both coconut and carrot to give birth to this delicious Carrot Coconut Grater Cake?
Grated coconut cake is a very popular sweet treat in Jamaica. The grated carrot cake was inspired by the famous grated coconut cake. My grated carrot cake was a healthier alternative and loved to enjoy as a snack or sweet treat.
In essence, grater cakes are actually candy and not a traditional cake. I guess Jamaicans call it a cake because most often in Jamaican when things become hardened, it is referred to as “it cake up”
This cake is ideal for vegans and vegetarians. It does not follow the traditional hard candy-like texture of grated coconut cake. I purposefully reduce the amount of sugar I normally use. However, the texture is soft with a delicious flavor profile.
Healthy smoothies are one of the great ways to include the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables in your diet. These 7 delicious smoothies are quick and easy to prepare.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Vegan Carrot Coconut "Cake"
Here Are All The Ingredients You Will Need.
You will also find these Amazon finds
Easy and Delicious Vegan Carrot Coconut "Cake" Recipe.
- Sauce Pan
- Grease Paper
- 2 cups Baby Carrots, Gated
- 3 cups Grated Coconut
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted Cashew, Chopped
- ¼ cup Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tbsp. Grated Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Warm Water
- Fresh coconut is better. The coconut i used in this recipe was the left over coconut "trash" from the coconut oil recipe. See link below if you want to know how to make your own coconut oil. If you have fresh cocconut, cut into small cubes and add to a blender. In blender, grate for 1-2 minutes.
- To a saucepan, add the 3 cups grated coconut.
- In a blender, also grate 2 cups of baby carrots. Whole carrots works just as good. Peel, cut into pieces, and grate them in the blender.
- Add carrot to the grated coconut and mix together.
- To the carrot and coconut mixture, add the brown sugar
- Add the rated ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well together.
- To the mixture, add chopped cashews. and mix all ingredients together.
- Over medium flame, cook the carrot and coconut mixture. Use spoon to stir occasionally to prevent sticking and burning for 10 minutes. Add the warm water and allow to continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame. Line a cutting board or any surface with grease paper. Spoon about ½ cup of mixture onto grease paper. Use spoon to shape the carrot coconut cake into 4-6 inches patties. You can use a mold to get perfertly even shaped cakes.
- Allow cooling at room temperature for about 1-2 hours. Your vegan carrot coconut cake can be wrapped in wax or aluminum foil paper and stored in the refrigerator.
Vegan Coconut Carrot Grater Cakes
Vegan Cake Dessert