Soups are one of the most versatile one-pot meals. They are great for any time of the year but perfect for the cold winter months. Moreover, this Jamaican Style Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup will warm your soul and soothe your spirit.
Jamaican soups are known for their rich flavors and textures. Every Jamaican soup, in my opinion, must have 4 ingredients: Soup mix, scallion, pimento, and thyme.
The broth is the foundation of the soup that infuses the other ingredients. Therefore, special care must be taken to ensure that the right ingredients build a delicious and tasty soup.
Lesa, in her Jamaican Chicken Soup Recipe, captures the essence of a traditional Jamaican Chicken Soup. In addition, you can check out my Chicken Vegetable Lentil Soup Recipe that also incorporates strong Jamaican flavors.
However, in this Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup recipe, I have incorporated a few Jamaican flavors that you will absolutely love.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
If you have not own a Gourmia Air Fryer, here are my links for your shopping convenience.
Jamaican Style Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup.
Here are all the Shrimp Noodle Soup ingredients You Will Need.
Click on each amazon ingredient link for more information and for your shopping convenience.
Easy Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup: Jamaican Style
- Large Aluminum Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
Season Shrimp for Noodle Soup
- 16 oz Shrimp, deveined with tip on.
- 1 tbsp. Complete Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
Other Shrimp Noodle Soup Ingredients
- 3 ears Corn, cut into 2 inches pieces
- 2 tbsp. Pimento Seeds
- 2 tsp. Thyme Leaves
- 8 oz. Maifun Rice Noodle
- 4 small Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup Multi-color Baby Carrot, sliced
- 2 whole Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 stalks Scallion,
- 16 cups Water
- 1 packet Jamaican Fish Flavored Soup Mix
- 1 packet Jamaican Pumpkin Flavored Soup Mix
- Remove husk from corn and wash under warm running water. Carefully use a knife to cut corn into approximately 2-inch pieces.
- On a cutting board, use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin of the sweet potatoes. Dice the sweet potato into ½ inch thick cubes.
- In a large aluminum pot, bring to boil the 16 cups of water.
- Add pieces of corn, diced sweet potatoes, scallion, pimento seeds, thyme, whole scotch bonnet peppers, 2 packets of soup mixes. Stir and allow vegetables to cook for 10 minutes in a covered pot over high flame.
- Scotch bonnet peppers are very hot. In addition, if you do not like heat, you can eliminate this from the recipe or remove pepper from the soup before it ruptures.
- Add the seasoned shrimps and rice noodles. Continue cooking for 5-7 more minutes.
- Serve warm in a bowl.
Shrimp Noodle Soup.
Jamaican Style Shrimp Noodle Soup
Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup: Jamaican Style
Here are some other Food Explora’s delicious soup recipes that you will enjoy.
Thanks for dropping by. I would love to know what you think. Leave a comment and star rating.