Persimmon is a versatile fruit. If you read my other persimmon blogs and recipes, you can easily see that I am a big persimmon fruit lover. Unfortunately, these fruits are seasonal in the US – between September and January. So when they are in season, I indulge to the max.
This blog will showcase my very delicious and moist:
Maple Persimmon Waffle
But you will also loves these other persimmon recipes:
Maple Persimmon Fuyu Waffles.
Here are all the ingredients You Will Need.
Easy Maple Persimmon Fuyu Waffles
- Waffle Maker
- Strainer or Seive
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 medium Egg
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 medium Persimmon Fruit
- ¾ cup 2% Cow's Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 can Canola Cooking Spray
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- Peel persimmon and cut into quarters. Into the blender, add the persimmon pieces, maple syrup, salt, milk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Blend the persimmon mixture until smooth.
- In a bowl, sieve the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the blended persimmon mixture into the flour mixture.
- Use the whisk to mix all the ingredients well.
- Crack the egg into batter and mix until incorporated.
- Turn on the waffle maker.
- Spray waffle maker with canola oil spray. Pour the persimmon batter onto the waffle maker. Close the waffle maker and allow the waffle to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked waffle and repeat the process. Make an egg sandwich with your waffles with eggs, add your favorite syrup of your choice or have it as a delicious snack. For all the chicken and waffle lovers, these maple persimmon waffles can be your Friday night soul food treat.
The Waffle House has nothing on these Maple Persimmon Waffles.
Ditch the Waffle House and make these Persimmon Waffles for Breakfast