There are several persimmon recipes on this blog, but this one is my favorite.
When you think of an upside-down cake, the first thing that may come to mind is a pineapple upside-down cake. Why not make a persimmon upside-down cake? The cake is very appealing and super moist. Anyone will love and enjoy making this easy upside-down persimmon cake.
You will also love these persimmon recipes.
Persimmon Upside-Down Cake With Bacardi Coconut Rum.
Here are all the ingredients You Will Need.
Persimmon Upside-Down Cake with Bacardi Coconut Rum.
- 2 Bowls
- Mixer or Whisk
- 3 Baking Pans (4 Inches)
- Cutting Board
The Cake Batter
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 Medium Eggs
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Bacardi Coconut Rum
- 1 tsp Nutmeg, grated
- 2 tbsp Persimmon Marmalade Preserve (see my blog for recipe)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
The Downlow Of The Upside-Down
- 1 large Pesrsimmon Fruit
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 whole Maraschino Cherries
Lets Prepare The Cake Batter
- In a bowl add butter and sugar.
- Cream butter and sugar using a hand mixer. My mixer broke so I had to improvise using a whisk. Whisk until the sugar dissolves and smoothly creams with the butter.
- To the sugar mixture, add your eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, and orange Juice.
- Mix very well until all ingredients are uniform.
- Pour the Bacardi Coconut Rum to the batter.
- In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder.
- Slowly incorporated the flour mixture into the wet ingredients using a spoon.
- Use the spoon to mix ingredients until the cake mixture is smooth.
- Add the persimmon marmalade preserve to the cake batter mixture.
- The addition of the persimmon marmalade is optional. This will not change the flavor or texture of the cake significantly. The persimmon preserve is for added flavor and texture.
- Turn on oven to heat at 350°F
The Downlow Of The Upside-Down -Preparing The Baking Pan
- Add about 1 tbsp of butter to each baking pan.
- Over low flame, heat butter until melted.
- To the melted butter add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Peel the persimmon. Cut fruit in half and thinly slice persimmon into wedges. These wedges will be used the form a layered pattern onto the buttery sweet base of the pan.
- Cut Mariachino cherries in half. Place the half cherry into the center of each of the 3 pans, with the rounded end down first.
- Layer each wedge onto the butter and sugar layer around the centered cherry in each baking pan.
- Pour the cake mixture into the persimmon layered pan. Gently tap each pan onto a hard surface to get batter into every crevices.
- On a baking tray, place the 3 baking pans with cake mixture. Pour warm water around the cake pan up to 1 inch up the side of the pans.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. Be sure to check at the 30 minutes mark. Insert a knife or skewer down into the center. If the inserted knife comes out clean, remove pans from the oven. If not, leave it in the over for another 10 -15 minutes.
- Allow cake to cook down for 10 minutes. Gentle flip over onto a serving plate and gently tap to release from the pan.
Persimmon Upside-Down Cake With Bacardi Coconut Rum