When You think of anything stewed, the foods that come to mind are meats like beef and poultry such as chicken. It is not very often you hear of stewed fish especially salmon.
What Is Stewed Salmon?
Stewed fish, such as salmon or any other animal source, shares their juices to create a union of delicious flavors with the liquid added. The meats simmer and bask into a finger-licking sauce that is born from this marriage
The cooking method of Stewing is nothing new. Stewing dates back to 4-6 century AD. In addition, The style or methods of stewing varies from country to country and across many cultures.
The sauce in this recipe calls for honey mustard as one of the ingredients. The mustard adds a great depth of flavor and richness to the sauce compares to other traditional stewed meats.
Stewing is a simple 2 step method of cooking that involves browning the meat in hot oil and then complete the cooking process by simmering into a sauce. Most stewed recipes call for vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, or dumplings.
Stewed Fish in Honey Mustard Tomato Sauce.
Salmon Stewed In Honey Mustard Tomato Sauce.
- Frying Pan
- 10 oz Salmon Fillet with skin
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ cup Olive or Canaola Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
Honey Mustard Tomato Sauce
- 3 tbsp Honey Mustard
- ½ cup Choped Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic Finely Minced
- 1 cup Fresh Tomato Diced
- 3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cup Stir-fry Sauce
- Season salmon pieces with salt, black pepper, and onion powder on both sides.
- In the frying pan, heat oil over medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Gently lay salmon fillet slices onto hot oil. Allow salmon to brown on each side for 2 minutes.
- After salmon is browned on each side, remove salmon from pan and set aside. Lower flame.
The Honey Mustard Tomato Sauce
- In the same frying pan, add onion, garlic tomatoes and rosemary. Stir and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stir-fry sauce, honey mustard, tomato ketchup, and soy sauce to mixture. Stir and continue to cook for another 1 minute.
- To the honey mustard tomato sauce, add salmon and allow to stew in the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve on a serving plate.