Pancakes can be enjoyed at any time of the day. This spiced persimmon pancake will make you want to eat it all day.
If you read my Exploration Of Ihop Pancake Menu blog, you will know I am a lover of pancakes.
I love to make homemade buttermilk pancakes. But since persimmons are in season, why not make some Spiced Persimmon Pancake. These came out soft, fluffy, and with a very unique distinct flavor.
Spiced Persimmon Pancakes
Spiced Persimmon Pancakes: You Will Love Them Everyday.
- Cast Iron Griddle
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup 2 Percent Milk
- 2 medium Persimmons extra ripe is better
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Almond Essence
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extraxt
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- In one mixing bowl, use the strainer to sift flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Quarter each persimmon. Add pieces of persimmon to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer pureed persimmon to the next mixing bowl. To the persimmon, add egg, sugar, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, almond essence, and nutmeg. Mix ingredients together well with the whisk.
- Combine the persimmon mixture with the flour mixture. Use the wooden spoon to mix together.
- Heat the griddle over high heat for 2 minutes. I used a cast iron griddle because it distributes heat very well and creates a nice crust on the outside of the pancakes.
- Lower flame medium to low. Add a small dab of the unsalted butter onto the heated cast iron.
- Use the spatula to help you pour the persimmon pancake mixture onto the buttered griddle.
- Look for bubbles that will form on the surface of the pancake. As soon as you see the air bubbles form, this is a signal that the pancakes are ready to be turned over.
- Carefully flip the pancake with the pancake spatula and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
Soft and fluffy Persimmon Pancake
Homemade Persimmon Pancakes