Looking for a quick and simple keto-friendly meal? This recipe for Steamed Curry Tilapia Fillets cooked in a herb-infused foil pouch is ideal for lunch or dinner.
Tilapia fish has always been at the center of controversy for the potential dangers of eating tilapia. However, Tilapia is in the top 5 most commonly consumed fish in the United States.
They are inexpensive and are a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Nonetheless, many people still think they are bad for your health.
Farmed Raised Tilapia
The majority of Tilapia fish are farm-raised. As with most farm-raised fish, certain farming practices, such as what fish are fed and how they are grown on a fish farm, can lead to toxic chemical contamination.
However, many tilapia farmers today are taking great measures to ensure they produce safe and healthy tilapia fish for consumption.
Mercury and Tilapia Fish
Tilapia is very low in mercury, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Consumption of fish high in mercury can be very harmful to your health. As a result of the low mercury content of tilapia fish, it is safer for young children and pregnant women to eat.
Tilapia is a freshwater fish that is widely available in supermarkets and fish markets. Furthermore, they are very versatile and can be baked, steamed, fried, or poached to create a delectable meal.
I most often fry them to make tacos or fish sandwiches. They pair very well with my Jamaican Escovitch Spicy Pickled Vegetables.
I hope you enjoy this delicious steamed curry tilapia recipe.
Easy Herb Infused Steamed Curry Tilapia Fish and Vegetables In Foil Pouch.
Here are all the ingredients You Will Need.
Click on each ingredient for shopping locations.
Steamed Curry Tilapia Fish and Vegetables In Herb Infused Foil Pouch.
- Cast Iron or Aluminium baking tray
- Foil Paper
- 12 oz Tilapia Fillet 2 pieces
- 2 Medium Vine Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Carrots, Roughly Cut
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Peppers, Roughly Diced
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1/4 cup Yellow Bell Peppers, Roughly Diced
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onions, Roughly Cut
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Sliced
- 2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Sazon Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Scallion
- Turn on oven to 400 ºF
- Roughly cut vegetables into single bitesize pieces: broccoli, onion, bell peppers, and carrots. Slice garlic, chop cilantro, and scallion.
- Allow Tilapia Fillets to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes after seasoning both sides with salt, pepper, curry powder, sazone, and rosemary.
- Make a cross out of two sheets of aluminum foil paper about 20 inches long.
- To make a bed for the tilapia fish, layer the roughly cut vegetables onto foil paper.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper (optional)
- Place the seasoned tilapia on top of the vegetables.
- Top tilapia fillets with lemon slices, chopped cilantro, and pieces of unsalted butter.
- To create an airtight seal, bring the edges of the foil paper together and make 2 or 3 folds to seal the fillets and vegetables inside the foil pouch.
- Place pouches onto the tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15 -20 minutes.
Quick, easy, and economically keto-friendly meal for you and the family. In addition, It’s also a great meal idea for pesco-vegetarians and those who want a healthy protein-packed meal.
Air Fryer Pollock with Mushroom Rice Noodles
Herb Infused Foil Pouch Curry Tilapia.
Tilapia is a very delicate fish. Seasoning tilapia with just the right amount and type of herbs can perfume and flavor your fish dish in ways you can’t imagine.
The pouch steaming method seals in all the juices and each ingredient is bathed and cooked in its own natural juices.
14 thoughts on “Steamed Tilapia Fish Curry In Herb Infused Foil Pouch.”
I love fish and I love a good foil meal, so this recipe sounds perfect! I have never tried curry with my fish, but I love the idea. We will have to give this a try! 🙂
I have to admit, I’m surprised with tilapia – this fish is not that commonly known in place where I’m from, even if my family is huge fan of it. I’ll have to try this recipe!
Thank You Mina
This is a great recipe! But what is Sazon seasoning?
Thank you, Elodie. Sazon is a powdered seasoning made of dried herbs
The final dish looked so yummy. Great recipe.
Thank you Dominique
I love using aluminum foil to wrap things in for cooking! It preserves the flavor and keeps the food from drying out. This recipe sounds absolutely delicious; I’ll have to try it the next time I make tilapia.
Thank you FlawlessWorld. Glad my recipe was an inspiration.
Looks delicious i love steamed fish and adding curry would be amazing
Thank you Tianna. Curry adds another level of flavor and color.
I love fish in a pouch meals! I’ll have to get adventurous for the curry, but I think this one might sway me!
Try adding curry to steamed fish and you will love the flavor it gives.
Wow, this tilapia dish sounds so flavorful and delicious. You had me at “herb infused”. Yum! Thank you for the recipe!