If you think you like banana bread, wait until you try my Super Moist Plantain Bread with Biscoff Cookie Butter flavor.
Plantains, whether green or ripe, are a favorite side dish in my house. They are very cost-effective and can be used in a variety of ways.
This plantain bread recipe has won my tastebuds over, and I am confident you will fall in love as well.
Before you scroll down to the recipe, follow me on My Instagram.
JamaicanISHfoodie is a food and travel explora that will take you on a cultural journey. He exhibits everything related to food, culture, and travel.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
If you do not own a Gourmia Air Fryer, here are my links for your shopping convenience. They are easy to use and clean.
Super Moist Loaf of Plantain Bread With Biscoff Cookie Butter Flavor.
Here are all the ingredients you will need.
Below are some amazon ingredient links for your shopping convenience.
You may also find these grocery lists from Amazon Fresh interesting.
Your kitchen will need one of these kitchen cookwares. Click on each for more detailed information and your shopping convenience.
Super Moist Plantain Loaf Bread With Biscoff Cookie Butter
- Mixing Bowl
- Pyrex Loaf Pan (9 x 5 inches)
- 1½ cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 medium Ripe Plantains, extra ripe
- 2 medium Eggs
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Biscoff Cookie Butter
- 1 tsp. Coconut Extract
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Land O' Lakes Cinnamon Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Extra ripe plantains are required for this recipe. The ones you buy in the store are typically yellow-skinned. Wrap them in paper towels and leave them at room temperature for a few days to get them extra ripe. The skin will turn black.
- Peel the skins from the plantains and place them in a blender for a few minutes to puree. This process makes for a smoother texture. However, If you don't have a blender, mash the plantains with a fork or a food masher until they are uniformly mashed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and salt to the pureed plantains.
- Mix all ingredients together until uniform using a whisk or spoon.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Using a whisk, gradually add sifted flour to wet ingredients and mix well together.
- Using a butter spray can, coat a 9 x 5 inches loaf pan. Fill the loaf pyrex pan with plantain batter.
- If you've never tried Biscoff Cookie Butter, I promise you'll love it. It goes well with toast and crackers.
- However, for this recipe, place small dabs of cookie butter on top of the loaf.Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife or bamboo skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 30 minutes to cool before removing loaf from pan. Allow it to cool completely before cutting.
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
I would love to know what you think. Please leave a comment and star rating.
You are going to love these banana bread recipes. Click on each link for the recipe.
Banana Loaf with Rum Cream Cheese Swirl
44 thoughts on “Super Moist Plantain Bread Loaf Recipe.”
This sounds delicious and easy to make. I have never tasted Biscoff cookie butter. Thank you for sharing this recipe. 😊
Pastor Natalie (ExamineThisMoment)
Thank you for the comment and rating Natalie. Try the biscoff cookie butter; you will love it.
You have me at Biscoff cookie butter. That sounds absolutely amazing! This is on my list of must makes!
Thank you Debbie. The Biscoff butter adds a unique flavor and texture.
I never knew you could use plantains for baking. I’ve only had them fried.
Annette, this is a great way to use plantain, especially the overripe ones.
That looks really delicious. Thanks for sharing that recipe. I might have to try it one day.
Enjoy when you do Benny.
Love the recipe and the detailed step by step pictures!
Thank You Vaishall.
Oh yum! This bread looks so delicious. I will have to try it out. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
Thank you Charity.
Aww this sounds delicious!
Thank you for the rating and comment Ashley.
this looks amazing!! Can’t wait to try it!
Thank You for the rating and comment, Byblissbalance.
That looks incredibly most and delicious!
Thank you Christine for the rating and comment.
Ooooh yum! This Super Moist Plantain Bread Loaf Recipe looks fantastic. I’ve never tried plantain bread but I’m definitely adding this to my list of must try recipes. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Heavenly spice. enjoy the Plantain bread when you do make it.
This is such a great take on plantain bread! I’m saving this for the next time I have super ripe bananas! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for dropping by katie.
This bread looks yummy to me! I haven’t tasted this flavor/recipe yet. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Dan.
I have always wanted to try plantain bread. Thanks for providing a recipe.
You are welcome, LaRena. I hope you get to make it soon.
I LOVE plantains and how versatile they are, but I never thought to use them in bread! Brilliant, as always. Great recipe!
I have never tired plantains but this sounds like something i could try it in
Wow! Tianna try frying the ripe ones and make my plantain bread; you will love it.
My mom and I were talking about banana bread earlier and how she wasn’t a huge fan but knowing how much we love plantains I think she would like this. Thanks for the recipe!
Kimberly, try my plantain bread. You and your mom will fall in love.
Goodness me! I love banana bread sooo much! So this looks divine 🙂 I had no idea that plantains and bananas were so similar, so you really do learn something new every day. Love the tip on how to make the plantain more sweeter by wrapping them in a damn towel. Thanks for sharing 🙂
You are welcome Lindsay.
I never baked with plantains before, but the bread looks so good! I also like that you added the Biscoff cookie butter!
I wasn’t expecting yoghurt to be one of the ingredients, so that took me by surprise. The plantain bread sounds really yummy. I absolutely love biscoff. I’d probably end up spreading the rest of it on the plantain bread once it’s ready, that’s it I don’t just eat it straight out of the jar while I’m waiting for the plantain bread has baked.
This recipe looks amazing. Thank you for sharing. I love a good loaf cake recipe.
Oh. My. Days! This looks and sounds absolutely delicious. I’ve not tried anything like this before so I’ll for sure be adding the ingredients into my shopping for next week to make asap. I do love a good loaf cake! Thank you so much for sharing such a easy-to-follow recipe. I can’t wait to create Xo
Elle – ellegracedeveson.com
Thank you, Elle.
Looks really great! I love that you use plantains in this instead of bananas! First time I’ve seen a recipe like this but it sounds delicious!
Lynn | lynnmumbingmejia.com
Thank you Lynn. Appreciate the comment and rating.
This looks delicious! I love banana bread but never thought to try plantain before.
Thank you, Liv. Plantain bread is just as good, if not better than banana bread. Lol
This bread looks so good. I love how easy it looks to make.
Than you. Appreciate your comment and star rating.