If you love fried chicken but are worried about the grease of chicken from fast-food chains, then this recipe is the right one for you.
Chicken from major fast-food chains such as Popeyes and KFC are deep-fried in oil. Therefore, they are higher in total fat content compared to chicken that is baked or air fried.
People today are more health conscious and looking for ways to eat healthier. Air fryers have become very popular over the last 5 years. They have afforded us to prepare quick and delicious meals that are healthier versions of traditional recipes.
Below is my recipe for the best air fried chicken you will ever eat using my Gourmia Air Fryer. I am not promoting Gourmia or is this a sponsored post. Therefore, any air fryer will work just a good.
Home-Made Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Here are all the ingredients You Will Need.
Badia All-Purpose Seasoning
The Best Home-Made Gourmia Air Fry Chicken Drumsticks.
- Air Fryer
- 2 Bowls
- Cutting Board
Seasonings For The Chicken Legs
- 2 lbs. Chicken Legs
- 2 tsp. Badia Paprika
- 4 tbsp. Badia All-purpose Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. Badia Roasted Garlic Powder
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
Prepare The Flour Coating
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Badia All-purpose Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Salt
Let's Season The Drumsticks
- Do not remove the skin for the drumsticks. The fat under the skin will play a role in making crisp and moist chicken drumsticks.
- Score or make slits 3 to 4 times along each drumstick. This will allow for the seasoning to penetrate the muscle fibers and allow for faster, even cooking,
- In a small bowl, add the Badia all-purpose seasoning, paprika, and roasted garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix together very well. Season the scored drumsticks with seasoning mixture, ensuring that each drumstick is coated with the powdered seasonings. Place in refrigerator to marinate overnight.
Let's Make The Flour Mixture
- In a bowl mix the flour, Badia seasoning, and salt. This mixture will be used the coat the drumsticks
- Add drumsticks to the flour mixture. Dredge each drumstick with flour mixture and ensure that all the surface is covered. Shake off the excess flour mixture and place aside to rest.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to AIR FRY at 400 °F.
- Lay each drumstick onto the crisper plate in the basket and add to the air fryer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- At 10 minutes through the cooking process, remove the basket and turn the chicken legs. This air fryer alerts you to turn food, but it is not necessary; foods are cooked evenly on each side.
- Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the drumstick. The Temperature should read at least 165 °F.
- Remove drumsticks from the air fryer basket and serve.
Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Gourmia Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks