This Vegan Mango Basil Pesto With Lentil Rotini Pasta is also dairy-free and gluten-free. Despite the fact that most basil pesto recipes traditionally call for cheese, I decided not to include any in my recipe.
Mango is a unique ingredient I like to add to my basil recipes. However, people who live a ketogenic lifestyle could also savor this dish. When compared to traditional pasta, the red lentil pasta used in this recipe is lower in calories.
One of my favorite herbs is basil. Its contribution to food’s flavor and aroma cannot be disputed. In my apartment in New York City, I try to grow them every year, and I frequently get a lot of produce. This year is no exception. In actuality, I harvested the basil for this pesto from my indoor garden.
While basil does not have many nutrition benefits, MedicalNewsToday reports that it does have a number of health advantages, including those related to antioxidant properties, skin health, and liver health.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. When you buy through any of these links, we will receive a commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Food Explora and allowing the blog site to continue to bring you valuable content.
If you do not own a Gourmia Air Fryer, here are my links for your shopping convenience.
Vegan Mango Basil Pesto With Lentil Rotini Pasta
Here are all the ingredients you will need.
Below are some amazon ingredient links for your shopping convenience.
Vegan Mango Sweet Basil Pesto | Red Lentil Rotini Pasta.
Vegan Mango Basil Pesto With Rotini Lentil Pasta.
- Food Processor or Blender
- Mixing Bowl
- Pan scraper
- Strainer or Colander
Mango Basil Pesto
- 3 cups Fresh Sweet Basil
- ½ cup Pine Nuts
- 1½ cups Fresh Mangoes
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
Red Lentil Pasta
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 box Red Lentil Pasta (8.8 oz)
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- I love this red lentil pasta. Each serving contains 3 grams of fiber and 13 grams of protein.Bring 6 cups of water with the added salt to boil. Pour rotini pasta into hot water and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until the desired texture is reached.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the basil, mango pieces, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor. Blend on medium for 1-2 minutes.Scrape the side of the food processor with a spatula. After adding salt and black pepper, pour the olive oil into the basil mixture and blend for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Strain pasta in a colander or strainer. Add cooked lentil pasta into a bowl. Pour the Mango Basil Pesto over the pasta.
- Mix the pesto and pasta together with a spoon until each rotini is coated. Serves approximately 4-5 people.
You will also love this Jerk Chicken Mac and cheese recipe. Click HERE for the recipe.
Join Food Explora on Instagram. My handle name is JamaicanISH Foodie. I showcase food and travel-related posts. Let’s be Instafrenz!
Below are two of my food posts featuring CASSAVA.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram