A plant-based lifestyle has become very popular over the years. Everyone wants to live a healthy life but do not want it to be complicated and expensive. This vegan roasted sweet potato salad is not only cost-effective and easy to prepare but is packed with good nutrition. (Healthline)
Including vegetables and fruits in your daily meal plan has been shown to help reduce to risk of certain chronic diseases. Sweet potatoes or yams are loaded with vitamins and minerals. If you follow a Vegan, Vegetarian, Ketogenic, gluten-free, or dairy-free lifestyle, then this recipe is for you.
To learn more about the nutrition content and the different types of sweet potatoes visit my blog:
You will also love these other delicious sweet potato recipes:
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Roasting vegetables in my gourmia air fryer turns out perfectly. This kitchen gadget is great for cooking meals quickly. Get your own Gourmia Air Fryer. Here are links for your shopping convenience.
Check out these awesome Gourmia Air Fryer Recipes:
Warm Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Here are all the ingredients You Will Need.
Below are some amazon ingredient links for your shopping convenience.
red bell peppers
Green bell peppers
Badia Complete Seasoning
Red Pepper Flakes
Roasted Garlic Powder
Your kitchen needs these utensils. They make prep time and cooking so much easier and more fun. Click on each picture to learn more about these kitchen utensils.
Warm Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Cutting Board
- Madoline Cutter
- Garlic Press
- Mixing Bowls
- Metal Baking Tray
Roasted Sweet Potato Vegetables
- 1 large Sweet Potato or Yam, cubed (2.5 lbs.)
- 15 oz. canned Low Sodium Chick Peas (Garbanzo Peas)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, cubed
- 1.5 cups Leeks, sliced
- 1 cup Yellow Bell Pepper, cubed
- 4 medium Carrots, 2 inches julienne
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper, cubed
- 1 cup Yellow Sweet Pepper, cubed
Stir Fry Spinach
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 8 oz. bag Baby Spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 3 tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprica
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp Roasted Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Let's Prepare The Vegan Vegetables For Roasting
- Peel carrots and cut them into about 2 inches in length. Using a mandolin cutter, and julienne carrot into ½ inch thick julienne pieces.
- Use a vegetable brush to wash the potato under warm running water. Do not peel the potato; sweet potato skins are rich in fiber and minerals. Use the cutting board and knife, cube the sweet potato into roughly ½ - 1-inch cubes. Place cubed potatoes in a bowl and set aside.
- On the cutting board, use a sharp knife to roughly cut the bell peppers and onions into cubes. Slice the Leeks into ½ inch thick slices. Set vegatables aside.
- Open the can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans). Separate liquid by pouring it into a strainer. Run under cold water to wash off any remaining liquid from the can. Set aside. I have seen vegan recipes that use the garbanzo liquid from the can that is whipped into "vegan eggs".
Let's Make The Sweet Potato Dressing
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, thyme, and rosemary.
- Use a whisk and mix until the salt dissolves and all the ingredients are mixed well together.
Let's Dress and Roast The Vegetables
- Set oven to 375 °F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables and chickpeas. Mix together to fairly distribute.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and use a spoon to mix so that the vegetables are coated with the dressing mixture.
- On a large metal tray, lay the sweet potato salad mixture. Place in oven and allow to cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender soft.
Prepare the Spinach
- While the vegetables are being roasted in the oven. In a saucepan heat 2 tbsp. olive oil. Use the garlic press to mince 2 gloves garlic. Add the garlic to oil cook for about 1 minute over low flame.
- Add the 8 oz bag of baby spinach and stir
- Cook the spinach until it shrinks half its size. You can slice the spinach into smaller pieces. I opted to cook the leaved whole.
- After 15 minutes of roasting in vegetables, remove from oven and use a spoon to gently stir the vegetables. Allow to continuing to cook for another 5-10 minutes. Because the vegetables, were fairly cooked, the vegetable and peas were allowed to continue cooking for another 5 minutes. The sweet aroma from the oven permeated the entire apartment.
- After about 20 minutes of roasting vegetables, remove them from the oven. Use a spoon to add to the spinach mixture. gentle mix all ingredients together and serve warm.
Fried Plantains (optional).
- This is strictly optional. I fried some ripe plantain to add to the Vegan Roasted Vegetable Salad. The sweetness from the plantains adds another leverl of sweetness to the dish. The riper the plantain, the sweeter they are when fried. If you like, add some ripe fried plantains.
- Heat about ½ cup oil in a cast iron pan. Slice ripe plantain diagonally or cross-sectional. Fry on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from hot oil and allow to drain on the paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with sweet potato salad.
Delicious Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Fried Plantains.
Thanks for dropping by. I would love to know what you think. Leave a comment and star rating.